Rumor Has It … My own thoughts on Apple’s upcoming releases
Ok … my own Rumor round up for upcoming Apple releases. Ignore as appropriate.
- "One phone to rule them all". iPhone 5 will be one design that works across all carriers, external case similar to the CDMA phone. Most rumors agree on this.
- 1080p back camera. MAYBE a 720p front camera.
- Apple A5 chip capable of 1080p video out (similar to the iPad 2)
- No Change in SSD storage capacity. Will remain 16 / 32 / 64
- Probably no 30pin magsafe connector (probably next year)
- Wider screen is a Maybe. I don’t think they would change the overall width of the device. I would certainly screw with all existing 3rd party docks.
- Some ridiculous new sensor that iOS 5 can take advantage of with the new A5 processor
Apple TV 3
- A5 chip with 1080p output
- Apple TV app store launch or at least additional apps available (maybe Hulu Plus?)
- A5 chip
- 1080p back camera, maybe 720p front camera
- New sensor same as iPhone
- a change in the pricing structure
- No real upgrades
- Discontinued. With the introduction of the iPod nano with the same form factor, there’s no real reason why Apple wouldn’t drop this line. The nano will see a price drop along with the iPod Touch.
- Discontinued. As Apple believes less and less in moving parts and with the move to the cloud, there will be no need for the iPod Classic.
"Low End" iPhone… 8GB iPhone
- More than likely the 8GB version of the iPhone 4 or 3GS will be the “low end” version that will be in the sub 300 range with no contract / free on contract.
- Nothing … Apple will more than likely move it’s iPad updates to the same time frame as all it’s other iOS updates. Don’t expect anything in March.